That is the question. There are so many people out there with their own opinions on blogging. Some say do it and are all for it and others think that it is a complete waste of time. A few of the articles that we read for today got me very excited and I wanted to start my blog right away. If it's something that will improve my writing I am all for it. I mean what writer wouldn't want to improve their writing? Sure I might not come up on a Google search, but at least my brain is being worked and stretched. I think that every one of us needs that every once in a while, and us writers need that even more than those that are pursuing other areas of work. I am more of a creative writer so informative writing is some what of a reach for me, especially since I haven't been practicing it for at the most a year.
Before this point i my life I have only ever heard the term blogging in passing and I have never had the desire to "tweet". Although this has been my feelings so far, reading the articles last night put that desire in me, much to my surprise. On my Twitter account I am going to be leaning more to creative poetic writing where on here I am going to be discussing and writing my feelings on articles and such.
I can understand why some people think that blogging and other like things are a complete waste of time. I also don't care what someone is eating at that very moment or where they are going. I don't think that a blog or twitter should be used like that. Facebook on the other hand is something that I only really see as a way to stay connected with family and close friends. I am not one to post something in my updates that is going to get my friends and family to think really hard about or have to discuss for long hours at a time. This blog however and my twitter account are going to be used for just that. I want to make people question things that they once thought were true. I want to be the cause of a heated argument. I know weird aspiration huh? But, I want to make people talk or laugh or ask me exactly what I meant by something. I want to write.

You want to be the cause of the heated argument, and I want to be in the heated argument! But seriously you had a lot of good points about streching your mind and how it can't hurt you or anyone else really. But so what if someone is just saying "I am eating a sandwhich"? I have had a livejournal since I was 13, and even though it is thouroughly embarassing for me to go back and read some of the stuff that I wrote about when I was that young, it is also kind of nice remembering things about my past, no matter how mundane they seem. I guess I am saying sometimes it is nice just to write for yourself and I think a lot of people on twitter/blogs/facebook do just that.
ReplyDeleteIf you are going to be writing for yourself then why not just keep a journal? I don't understand why people would want to have all of their personal information on the internet for all to see. I will be vague on Facebook and I am not going to be too personal on Twitter as well. I don't think that those places are the appropriate place for personal items. I keep a paper journal and can do the same thing that you can with looking back to see what I wrote at a young age, but no one else can do that. Those are my writings for no one else to see.
ReplyDelete